Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The foxes have holes

The bedroom had to remain unchanged for the first year. That was the rule my mom gave my sister when I left for college in August 2004. Upon my departure to my sophomore year, then, Cara lost no time in completely changing the room, consequently getting rid of the bunk beds we had shared for 15 years.

The trundle bed served me just fine on weekend trips home, but for a three-week break, I wanted something more permanent. So I set to work, first making room in the closet for my belongings and then moving my children shelves. The room that Cara once lamented was looking alarmingly like a library now holds only one bookshelf. In the bookshelf’s vacancy, I set up my bed.



My bed is a cozy little spot

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, at least they didn't make you sleep in the bathroom. :-)

December 20, 2005 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad turned my room into a place to read comfortably in between manufacturing ammuntion. Seriously.

December 21, 2005 6:35 PM  
Blogger Luddie said...

Apple is the most preferable of pie flavors. That, or the preferablest?

December 21, 2005 7:29 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Looks cozy.

Hey, at least they didn't make you sleep in the bathroom. :-)

'splain lucy!

December 23, 2005 4:15 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

It's pumkin, people. Plain and simple. Though apple cuts a close second.

December 23, 2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Luddie said...

Gah. It's PUMPKIN PIE, people. Get it right. What is this pumkin.

And I refuse to believe chocolate pecan is better than the wonders of apple until I try some. End of discussion.

Also, I looked up preferablest. It isn't a word, so thus we can conclude, given the options stated above, that apple is the most preferable.

December 24, 2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

pumkin pumkin pumkin. HAH!

December 26, 2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Pebble said...

What is this pumpkin? Lemon Meringue. There is no other.

December 26, 2005 10:28 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

As this is my blog, I believe I have the authoritative say on the matter of pie flavors.

Apple, most certainly.

December 27, 2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger Luddie said...

Courtney has impeccable pie tastes. Yesssssss.

Can you tell I got the napoleon dynamite dvd for christmas?

December 28, 2005 11:57 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Great, like you needed more weirdness to quote...

December 28, 2005 5:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Courtney, that is both very funny and very sad. Poor you!!! Aahh, younger siblings ... never giving thought for your olders sisters. and after all we did for them, too! :-)

December 31, 2005 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home