Monday, June 06, 2005

Life goes on

I apologize for my respite from posting. I've never been one to speak when I have nothing to say though.

Life is going well. I finished psychology. British Literature started today, and I enjoyed it. My professor is one I had previously and greatly enjoyed. Hopefully, this class will prove as beneficial.

Graduation hit our little community with a vengeance this year. My childhood friend left for college last week, providing me with an unnecessary reminder of how much I despise goodbyes. My graduation from high school marked the beginning of a long string of departures. Now hardly any year will leave the neighborhood unchanged by another farewell.

Our neighbor, Dr. Hironaga, has been teaching my little brother preschool all year. Today she began summer school with him and her four-year-old son Jason. When Nathan woke up today he hugged me and said, "I finally get to go to school." He had been out of school for about a week. Hopefully, this passion for learning will accompany him throughout life.

My parents are doing well. My sisters are doing well. My brothers are doing well. I'm doing well. And that's life, in a nutshell.

8 Comments:

Blogger Luddie said...

Yeah, I remember kindergarten. It was fun! For a whole 3 days. And then it probably wasn't until late high school that I started enjoying it again. But thus is life. ;)

June 06, 2005 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear.

It's not passion; it's obsession. Obsession is far more reliable.

June 06, 2005 9:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Bleh, school... bleh. I think I'm alergic to text books. All through my school years you couldn't drag me away from fairy tales and interesting books about other worlds, or random things I happened to be interested in at the time, but I worked twice as hard getting out of school as I ever did actually doing school... bleh bleh bleh. I rather despise formal education.

June 07, 2005 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it starts as passion. But a lot of passionate people don't manage to follow through on their warmth of feeling, sometimes because their devotion is too limited in scope (I may love books, but that doesn't mean I love writing busywork reports on books). It's obsession that keeps us going no matter what -- not that we want to keep going, but that we simply cannot quit.

June 07, 2005 8:25 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I didn't draw the line Mikki... THEY did.

June 07, 2005 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, CS.

June 07, 2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger Luddie said...

Spork, dude, what's up with this? You never told me where I can read the internet.

June 08, 2005 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google it.

June 08, 2005 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home