Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wisdom, anesthesia, and pride

After nearly five years of pestering me, my wisdom teeth are now gone.

Being put under anesthesia is quite different from being asleep. When I'm sleeping, I have some sense of time and of what is happening during that time. Now, though, three hours of my life are entirely gone, and as hard as I try, I can't seem to conjure them back into memory.

This whole thing has brought me hardly any pain, which means I have nothing to brag about. The reason for this is because my mom, without even asking me, gave me pain medication. Suffering through pain is something to be proud of, but pride is sinful. So I sometimes hack off my pride and ask for pain medication; such a noble act is worthy of much pride, in my opinion. But simply being given medication is just plain humiliating.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm pretty sure you'll get to experience pain; don't worry.

Congratulations on having your wisdom teeth removed. This day, you have become a man in my eyes. Except for the gender part.

March 15, 2006 1:06 AM  
Blogger Geoff said...

That is a remarkably lucid post for someone under the effect of Drugs.

March 15, 2006 1:08 AM  
Blogger Pebble said...

If you feel deprived of pain I suggest sticking your head in a car door and slamming it repeatedly. It's always worked great for me. :) Hope your recovery goes well.

March 15, 2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger Luddie said...

LOL!

I love you pebble.

April 22, 2006 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home