Saturday, June 25, 2005

Locked out

It's yet another late night, and once again I opt against bed. Perhaps I might find a few more posts to read. But alas, apparently all my friends have been as negligent in their postings as I have. Strange, though, that ALL of them would have given up blogs for the time being.

And this goes on.

Then, one morning, I have a few minutes to spare. Not wanting to make the trip upstairs to my computer, I settle at my family's and type in the URL. Shock. I have comments! Ludwhig's blog. He has three more posts! Karen's, Michaela's, Lynn's, Joshua's -- the list goes on. In fact, all hosted by blogspot have new material.

My apologies for my absence.

Any ideas why my computer has developed this strange aversion to blogspot?

7 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

My indecisive computer is now considers blogspot to be one of its closest friends. Thanks.

June 25, 2005 9:01 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Argh. Delete the "is" in the above post.

June 25, 2005 9:02 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Actually, it started working by its own independent nature. But if it hadn't, I'm sure your advice would have been very helpful. ; )

Thanks!

June 26, 2005 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, there's a patch out for that. It's called Linux (specifically, Debian). :-)

June 26, 2005 9:20 PM  
Blogger Luddie said...

LOL, I was about to say, Fjord... when someone could take Dex's very practical, simple and helpful advice, and turn it into an excuse to "upgrade" the whole OS... that's when you get yourself the title of LINUX NAZI.

On the upside, Michaela could even put that on her grandmother's computer and then using the mouse wouldn't be necessary since you can do everything from the command line kernel.

And to conclude this lengthier comment... the latest version of Firefox has a built-in feature where you can "subscribe" to blogs and the browser itself will tell you when someone has a new post.

::turns off shameless Firefox plug:: Bwahaha, this is what Courtney gets for having geeks converge on her blog.

June 27, 2005 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or you could use Thunderbird as your e-mail client and use its RSS reader to check the blogs when you get your mail.

June 27, 2005 10:35 AM  
Blogger Luddie said...

Whoa, I already use the greatness of Thunderbird, and I didn't know it did that. Amazing!

Courtney has the best geek advice blog ever! :D

June 28, 2005 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home